Dr. Matz Building, North
One of three photos taken 10 days before a devastating fire destroyed the entire building on Saint Valentine’s day 2012.
The Dr. Matz building was built in 1889 and had a square footage of 10,888 feet. Linda Hamilton, purchased the building 10 years ago for $225,000. Hamilton’s coffee shop, Centralia Perk, would have celebrated its 10th anniversary this July.
Before it was home to the Centralia Perk coffee shop, originally served as a branch of the United States National Bank, and the upstairs were doctors’ offices, later housed a variety of other businesses, including several other banks and a record shop.
Originally the site was occupied by “Pioneer House,” a resting place for early traveling pioneers.